Plungie Pools: An Affordable Pool Option
Dallas pool builder, Pool Builder
For the past few years, homeowners have been dealing with the high cost of pool construction, which has hindered most of them from owning their dream pool. However, the good news is that you can now own a pool in your backyard thanks to Plungie pools, which are an affordable and fast pool option compared to traditional pool design and construction.
What is a Plungie Pool?
A Plungie pool is a pre-cast/pre-fabricated concrete pool manufactured off-site or in your backyard which is then installed in your chosen spot. Plungie pools come in different shapes and sizes and can be easily customized to suit your needs.
While they do tend to be much smaller than traditional pools, most of the pools are 6 ½ to 10 feet wide, 10 to 22 feet long, and 5 ½ to 7 feet deep. Even though they may be on a smaller scale, they still allow you to enjoy all the benefits of owning a pool in your backyard without sacrificing your space and money.
The Benefits of a Plungie Pool
Owing a Plungie pool comes with many benefits, including:
- An affordable and fast pool option
- Simple and quick installation
- Works well for small backyards
- Requires less care and maintenance compared to traditional pools
- Enhances your curb appeal
- Easily customizable with massage jets, heat, etc.
What You Can Expect During Installation
Here’s what you can expect throughout the entire purchase and installation process.
- Visit your local Plungie pool retailer and choose your desired model.
- Apply for your pool’s building approval/certification depending on the local requirements in your state. The pool installer mostly helps with this step.
- Prepare the site where the pool will be installed. This includes preparing a concrete slab footing, earth excavation, and soil removal, depending on how your pool will be installed.
- Hire a crane to lift the Plungie pool from the delivery truck to the installation site.
- Plumb up: Your Plungie will come pre-fitted with its primary plumbing fixtures such as the hydrostatic valve, skimmer box, and general filtration provisions. Once on-site, you’ll need plumb-up services to connect the general filtration equipment to the pre-fitted fixtures.
- Earthing: Your Plungie will also need earthing because the filtration equipment requires power. This step should be completed by a trade-qualified electrician.
- Backfilling: If your Plungie is installed in-ground or semi-recessed, you’ll need to backfill the excavated area of the footing with a granular material to allow for drainage.
- Finishings: You can finish up by customizing your pool to meet your aesthetic and personal needs using coping and waterline tiles. You can also landscape, deck, fence, or pave the area.
- Once you are done with all the finishings and your pool meets all the standards based on the local laws, you can fill it with water and chemically balance it to be ready for use.
The best thing about Plungie pools is they are open to installation by anyone. The most common installation solutions include Bring Your Own Builder (BYOB), full-service Plungie dealer, and own-builder. And what’s more exciting is choosing to go the route of a Plungie pool will allow you to be swimming in a matter of weeks, not months.
The installation cost of a Plungie pool varies depending on its size, design, location, and additional features. Typically, the total cost is about half the installation cost of a standard-sized traditional pool. But if you add different features, the price will change.
Plungie Pool Dealer in Dallas
Plungie pools are the go-to option if you have limited space in your backyard, are working on a budget, or want to enjoy your pool almost immediately. Hobert Pools is excited to add the option of the Plungie pool to our offerings, and we look forward to making your backyard dreams come true.
Be sure to contact the pool building experts at Hobert Pools to learn more about Plungie pools and how you can get in one today.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hobert Pools is a Dallas pool builder proudly serving Rockwall, Frisco & surrounding areas. Family-owned and operated since 1975, Hobert Pools specializes in new pool & spa construction, outdoor living design, natural pools, and fire & water feature aesthetics. Hobert Pools is uniquely qualified to build your backyard retreat.
For more Dallas pool design tips, subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. For pool design photos and inspiration, visit the gallery on their website, and see what Hobert Pools’ client recommended pool design and construction team can do for you. Ready to get started on your own backyard oasis? Contact the Dallas pool builders and pool renovation experts at Hobert Pools today!